There is no way to organize the craziness that has been the last few months so I will attempt some sort of bullet point strategy to hobble along.
- Roanin LOVES his school. Like, really, really loves it. Two situations to prove it: the other day he remarked on the way to school (this is like 8 in the morning people...so you know it was not based on something that had just happened) that he wanted to go to this school until he dies. My heart and body did a little dance right then and there while others drivers stared and judged. Also, last week I attempted to surprise Roanin by bringing Rex and picking him up 30 minutes early from school so that we could go to the last day of the Dinosaurs Alive! display at the museum. I emailed his teacher and then waited at the school office at a couple of minutes before 3:00. At 3:01 I heard his little sneakers squeaking down the hall so Rex and I popped out of the office and said, "Surprise!" only to realize that he had a look of pure hurt and frustration on his poor little face and I could tell was fighting back the tears to prove it. When I asked what was wrong, they spilled out while he exclaimed, "WHY DID YOU GET ME OUT EARLY?!?!?! MY SCHOOL DAY IS NOT FINISHED AND YOU ARE MAKING ME MISS STORYTIME AND SLOAN'S GRANDMA IS READING A BOOK ABOUT DOLPHINS AND SHE BROUGHT SPECIAL COOKIES WITH M&M's IN THEM AND ..." I made a feeble attempt at describing the dinosaur exhibit but am not sure he even heard through the continued laundry list of things he would be missing out on. I had to make a tough parenting call and decided to deal with the consequence of Rex's disappointment of missing the exhibit later and told Roanin he could go back to class to finish out the day if he wanted to. He turned on his heel and literally ran back to his little first grade class before I could even finish my sentence. That makes me so happy.
- We got a puppy. And OMG why did no one warn me that having a puppy is exactly like having a newborn?!?!?! They should totally advertise that somewhere, although I'm pretty sure puppy sales might plummet...unless they look like this:
His name is Woodrow and he is such a smooshy faced doll baby. Although he looks just like Professor, he reminds me so much of our Dalmatian, Ickabod, who we had to have put to sleep about 5 years ago. He is a total momma's boy and is getting the hang of things slowly but surely. After a frighting (both emotionally and financially) battle with Parvo, he is healthy as a horse and we have the dog food bill to prove it.
- In other animal news, we got two new bunnies who are pretty adorable and relatively low maintenance but added to the growing zoo we are accumulating...makes for A LOT of animals. Their names are Stormy and Sunshine. They live outside, although Stormy is litter box trained and loves to come inside. They boys love them, and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual.
- Shawn turned 40 in August. FORTY!
- I'm struggling a little bit with figuring out how to soak up my last year with Rexy at home in the afternoons, maintaining things at home, being present in Roanin's new school, dealing with the herd of animals we have roaming around the house, figuring out which dreams I feel daring enough to chase and how that will fit into an already tight schedule and overall just figuring myself out. I feel like I am continuing to make progress on becoming New Sarah, and am making great strides in my healing process but I know I still have work to do. More to come.
- Let's just end on a
fewmillion pictures, shall we?
Thanks for stopping by.