Monday, December 10, 2012

girl interrupted

The soundtrack to my day goes something like this...
"MOM!  Mommy!  I need a snack...I need some juice...I need to go pee pee...I can't get my pants open!...I just peed on the floor in the bathroom...can I have a friend over...can you get me a snack...Roanin just hit me...Rex stole my stickers...Professor just ate my beef jerky...I can't find my sock...I'm not ready for bed...I am not ready to get up...I am hungry...I am thirsty...I can't remember which one is my underwear drawer...I NEED YOU!  MOM!!!"
And the thing is, the soundtrack seems to be set on repeat. 
And sometimes I let it frustrate me.  But I recently read a new perspective (sorry...I am so bogged down with requests I can't even remember where I read it).  Basically, the person was explaining that every time you get interrupted, it means you are needed.  Someone needs you. 
So in these long days of mothering littles, I suddenly have music in my ears all day long.  Of two little boys who still need me.  I hope I never forget the sound of it.
*photos by Rex after hijacking my phone

No comments:

Post a Comment