Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spider-iffic!


My big boy turned FIVE.  Holy smokes.  And this warranted a visit from a certain superhero.
We started the day with a new ride.

And then a little shin-dig.

There were even a few cute girls there.

My fatty enjoying a sugar-dipped marshmallow.

Please take a minute to notice the plate of our cute neighbor, Willow.  Candy with a side of carrots.

Here is where things got really wild.  Kids talking and eating, and spidey enters from the back.  They don't even notice yet.

And then they do. 

The chase was ON.

Spiderman even showered all the kids with his webbing.

Unfortunately, the superhero underestimated the power of rowdy party-goers and was taken down.

The hostess with the mostess was called in to rescue said superhero and adjust his mask.  Ahem...

Then we were all good for round 2.

Did I mention cute girls were in attendance?

We opted for a pull-string pinata this year given the violent nature of 5 year old boys (see Spiderman takedown above...can you imagine if we had introduced a bat to this group?!?!).

Rex pulled the winning string (no, I didn't rig it) which scared the heck outta the little guy and resulted in him having a complete meltdown.

My partner in crime...both in party-planning and in creating the birthday boy.  I love this man.

Sweet little Lucy.

And this, my friends, is what the end of a good party looks like. 

Happy Birthday Roanin Luke.  We love you more than we could ever tell you.

*Thanks to my talented friend, Jeannie, for taking all the pictures. 

2 comments:

  1. As usual, you put the rest of us to SHAME with your absurd party theatrics and artsy-crafty-ness. Also, I was initially thinking that perhaps Shawn was Spider-man, but then I saw how darn FLEXIBLE Spidey seemed to be and decided maybe that wasn't Shawn (no offense, Shawn!). Looks like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete