Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summertime


I have that Fresh Prince song running through my mind as I upload these photos.  It's summer, which means we have been so busy living that I have had no time to show the proof. 

Shawn found this amazing tent on Craigslist (a total upgrade from the ghetto situation we were working with before).  It sleeps all four of us and has become one of our favorite Friday night activities in the back yard. 

He makes a campfire, I prepare Hobos for us to cook, and we let the kids do whatever the heck they feel like doing.

It is so relaxing, like getting away without a lot of the hassle that comes along with that.  We just set up shop right off the back patio and watch the magic happen.

Smores are a necessary finale (although they tend to hype us all up, resulting in several more hours of chasing, chatting, settling into the tent, more chatting, tickling, laughing, crying, chasing....you get the idea).  But somehow it is all worth it.  Even the campfire smell that follows into the house the next day.

I love summer.  I love these boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment