Monday, September 17, 2012

Okoboji 2012 - Round 1

This summer was full of vacation.  We made it to Lake of the Ozarks for a long weekend, Lake Okaboji for a full week, and just got back Saturday from Chicago.  Of course, I am behind on the proof, but there is lots to show.  Hands-down, our family trip to Okaboji was the best vacation we have had thus far.  We spent seven days in a little ghetto-cabin with no tv, one bedroom and an outdoor paradise at our disposal.  They say small spaces make strong families...and that was certainly true for this little trip of ours.  The down time was so good for us and the boys.  We spent our days just hanging out, watching our boys just be boys, and relaxing.  It was just us four...my favorite combination in the entire world.  I feel like we work hard at creating quality time within our family, but there was something amazing that came through in our kids when they felt like they had our full attention with absolutely no distraction.  They put on shows for us.  They hugged extra tighter.  They shared secrets.  And they carved out an even bigger spot in our hearts.
 

Roanin asked me on the last day if there was any way we could live here.  If that is not a ringing endorsement for a good vacay, I don't know what is. 

I am not sure if this is good news, or bad...but this is only round one of the pictures.  Hahaha...I guess the lack of stuff to do made for an over-eager mommarazzi.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you tell a story through your photos. It is really amazing. Your boys tug on that little voice in my head that may or may not want a baby......Jury is still out on that one. Miss you hot pants!

    ReplyDelete